Well, hello there!
I was recently struggling with finding the right kind of primer for my skin. This happened because I have been struggling with acne and spots for the last few months and my prescription medication is making my skin really dry. This is completely opposite to my normal skin type of combination skin with a hyperactive T-zone.
So I had to find something which could deal with my patchy dry skin on my face and make my foundation last the whole day without getting flaky. This gave me an idea to try out three primers to find the perfect one and doa review for all three of them for you.
My first stop was my tried and tested Mac Prep + Prime primer. Find my thoughts on it below.
An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.
My Experience with it
This was the first makeup primer that I ever used. I realised the importance of using a primer daily after perhaps a year of
- The packaging of this is sleek black bottle with the name printed in white colour. The bottle has a highlighted effect printed all over, which is kind of a tell-tale sign that this product will help uplift a grey/dull face.
- The product itself is opaque white in colour and there are sort of these shimmer particles which you can notice.
- The texture of the primer is very smooth and creamy and glides on easily on your face. The formula definitely helps uplift a dull face day.
- This primer helps to make your makeup last all day. i have worn this under my makeup for a 12 hour long working day and my makeup did not budge and just a swipe of blotting powder was needed for my active T-zone.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- No cons with this product. I absolutely love this primer!
I would definitely recommend this product. If you are looking for a primer and confused, go for this!
Price: £21 for 30 ml bottle
Have a great week ahead!