I think it’s fair to say that I’m having a Mac moment at the moment.
Like many other girls, my love affair with makeup started with the introduction of Mac lipsticks by a girlfriend and since then it’s been a deep dive in the world of beauty. Recently I went to one of Mac counters near me to buy a couple of favourite products and ended up buying a couple of extra things. You know how this goes already…
Things I picked up are:
- My favourite Mac Blot Powder Pressed in medium/dark.
- Favourite Mac 217 Blending Brush
- Picked up an alternative to my favourite everyday lipstick ‘See Sheer’. This one is called ‘Crosswires’ and comes in cremesheen finish.
- Mac Duo Fibre Tapered Blending Brush #286
- MAC Eye Shading Brush #239
I will try and review everything listed here, but I already managed to play around with the 286 brush. See my thoughts on it below.
Mac 286 Review
With its soft dome shape, this two-toned, duo-fibre brush of goat and synthetic fibres provides a sheer, more controlled application of M∙A∙C Mineralize Eye Shadow.
My experience with it
I think what got me really interested in this brush is that you can use it as a blending brush for eye makeup as well use it to blend concealer under the eyes. Multi-functional products always pull me in.
- Mac 286 is a dome-shaped brush that made of goat and synthetic fibers. The bristles are very soft and it does not shed.
- The brush is a multipurpose one – you can use it to blend eyeshadow, or cream/liquid concealer under the eyes.
- It gets bonus points for being easy to clean. It never loses its shape and I have been using it non-stop in the last few weeks.
- When used as a blending brush for the crease or for loose eyeshadows, it works perfectly.
- When used for blending concealer under the eyes, it does leave some streaks. You have to go in with a moist beauty blender or an alternative to blend those lines out.
- It does not pick up much pigment when applying eyeshadows. This is a pro point when applying dark colours to the crease. However, cannot be used to apply eyeshadow to the eyelid with lighter colours.
I would recommend this more for using eyeshadow blending brush rather than an under eye concealer blending brush. This is not one of the must have brushes, as Mac 217 definitely works better to blending eyeshadows.
Have a great weekend ahead, y’all!