A couple of weeks back, when I was returning from a work meeting in Brick Lane – I thought to wander in the Spitalfields Market on my way back home. Well, my first stop was at Chilango’s for a burrito before wandering through the shops.
I am admittedly a shopaholic, so when I went inside Kiehl’s I was drawn to some of their best reviewed products. I ended up picking two things I didn’t need, but I needed…if you know what I mean 😛
Find my thoughts on them below.
Epidermal Re-texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion
This is a scrub from the Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions range, was highly recommended by the skincare specialist in the store after doing my skin analysis.
- Advanced polishing cream with effective gentle exfoliating quality.
- Skin texture feels significantly smoother and clearer.
- Helps reduce the appearance of facial lines and discolorations.
This is a scrub which is not very harsh on your skin and leaves you with the softest baby skin after every single use.
- The packaging is normal practical type and is leak-proof, making it travel bag friendly.
- The scrub is white in colour and the texture has tiny beads which help remove the dead skin from the face. However, the texture is not hard on the skin.
- Little goes a long way – you only need a tiny amount for your face.
- After every use, the scrub leaves my skin glowing and super soft. I use this once to twice every week and its helping make my skin very even-toned.
- This scrub is suitable for all skin types. However, sensitive skin people should be careful with its no more than 2 minute rule.
- The scrub is a bit expensive, compared to cheaper alternatives. But if you are looking to splash the cash, this a good scrub to try.
- Though the scrub is not very harsh on the skin, however if you use massage it for more than 2 mins it does make your skin red, you you need to be careful about not over-scrubbing!
This scrub is definitely worth investing for your skincare regime.
Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate
This eye cream has some rave reviews in the beauty bloggers world. So I thought to give it a try!
- Specially formulated for the delicate eye area.
- Helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, as well as crows feet and sub-orbital wrinkles.
- Enriched with 10.5% Vitamin-C and Haloxcyl this formula leaves eyes looking brighter while helping to reduce the appearance of lines.
I wanted to give this eye cream a try from ages, but I was reluctant to buy as my current eye cream was still going strong in quantity. I have a tendency to forget my old products/favourites if I pick up a new one. But I’m glad I caved in to my own rule this time!
- The packaging of the eye cream is quite small and travel friendly. It has a nozzle to give out the right amount of product, avoiding any wastage.
- The eye cream is white in colour and the formula is very moisturising and non-perfumed.
- My under eye concealer does not become cakey when I use this eye cream.
- You only need the tiniest bit to apply under each eye. Thus, this cream will last me ages.
- I have combination/sensitive skin and I have no issues using this cream.
- Does not really help reduce dark circles like it claims, however I forgive that as I think sometimes a late night cannot be covered by skincare alone – you need makeup help there 😛
- When you pat on the eye cream under your eye, it feels warm on the skin. But that is one of its qualities to show that it is actually working. This is not really a negative point, but if someone gets bothered by such products then I would recommend giving it a try in the store before purchasing it!