I had heard a quite a few people talk about ‘This Works‘ brand, but I never got around to trying anything from their range. It is readily available in the Boots in UK…Long story short, I was in Boots a few weeks ago and I picked up this set from the Deep Sleep range which includes a pillow spray and a roller ball thing which help you sleep better.
I thought some of the product range claims were a bit too much, but fancied giving it a go anyway. Find my opinion on the couple of products I have tried below.
Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
A best-selling, natural sleep aid that will fragrance your bed and calm the nerves.
MODERN: The miracle solution to a good nights sleep. With This Works signature relaxing fragrance, this pillow spray will become your must-have sleep solution.
NATURAL: Infused with essential oils of Lavender, Vetivert and Wild Camomile to soothe the body and mind.
BEAUTY: A fragrant pillow spray, the best beauty secret there is.
Aqua, Polysorbate 20, Parfum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Wood) Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetivert) Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis (Wild Chamomile) Flower, Extract, Linalool, Diazolidinyl Urea, Geraniol ,Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
My Experience with it
I pretty much bought this on a whim while in Boots. I wanted to try something from this Works and this caught my eye.
I have been spraying this pillow mist on my pillow recently before sleeping and it has this most amazingly calming smell. It has very strong lavender notes, and if you don’t like lavender you should skip buying this (just saying…).
- The packaging like the name states is in the form of a spray, which makes it quite easy to use.
- It is made with 100% essential oils and is paraben free.
- It has the most amazing lavender smell, yet it not very over-powering. Makes your bed smell like a spa 🙂
- The pillow spray does not leave any residue or stains even on white pillow covers.
- The smell does not last through till the next morning, but I hope it is was a deliberate intention for the product as you are supposed to sleep with the relaxing lavender smell and wake up to it!
- A bit expensive for £16 a pop.
- I’m not sure if I can claim this helps you sleep per say, but it definitely helps you relax.
It is definitely worth trying if you want to make your bed feel spa like when you want to doze off!
Price: £16 for 75 ml
Deep Sleep Stress Less
A soothing natural rescue remedy (in a roller ball) to help you breathe more easily and calm your senses promoting a better nights sleep.
MODERN: Deep sleep stress less is a soothing natural remedy to help you breathe more easily and calm your senses promoting a better nights sleep.
NATURAL: Refreshing Eucalyptus cleanses, invigorates and helps to counter physical and mental fatigue. Frankincense essential oil acts as an antiseptic to help fight infections and to help you relax physically and mentally whilst rejuvenating the skin. Lavender Oil is the most effective oil in helping hypertension, nervous tension and insomnia.
BEAUTY: Deep sleep stress less is a multi-purpose aromatherapy blend that can be used anytime to de-stress or at night-time to help promote a restful sleep.
Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Eucalyptus globule (Eucalyptus) oil, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil, Lavandula hybrida grosso (Lavandin) oil, Ravensara aromatica, (Ravensara) oil, Melaleuca leucadendron (Cajuput) oil, Melaleuca viridiflora (Niaouli) oil, Limonene, Linalool.
My Experience with it
I got this Stress Less roller ball as a package deal with the Pillow Spray from This Works at Boots. It was a bit of a surprise as I realised it was inside the Pillow Spray packaging after opening it. I was almost going to throw away the outer box!
Anyway, this product claims to help you breathe better. It has a lot of eucalyptus oil in it so that makes sense as I put a lot of eucalyptus
- The packaging is a small glass roller ball which holds the the 10 ml of the magic stress relieving oil inside. It is very easy to use and I used this by applying on my wrists.
- Similar to the pillow Spray, this is also made of all essential oils, so you know it is all natural. No nasty surprises inside!
- It has a very calming eucalyptus oil smell, which I like. Somehow the smell reminds me of the times I have a cold and when I apply eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief and breathe at that.
- Although there is no cons with this, there is also nothing outstanding about the product to recommend buying this at the price of £12 for 10 ml tiny roller ball bottle. However, it might be more useful for people who are stressed, if that makes sense!
Price: £12 for 10 ml